So, if that is not reason enough to donate, how about this: my next walk will be across Ann Street Bridge and into Northeast Grand Rapids. What is significant about that? I have walked every street North and West of the Grand River.
Some highlights were:
- Stumbling on to OctoberFest after completing a long walk and having a beer and a brat with a friend.
- Seeing a chihuahua defend its house from the crown of the roof.
- Walking with friends and
- talking about ice cream trucks and software quality
- Hearing all the reasons for donating
- The hilarious donation messages I received (I still owe someone a "strut")
Now to the Northeast side of Grand Rapids. Only 400+ miles to go!