Friday, August 11, 2006

Competition heats up


"So Today I woke up and realized that I am having a bad hair day. With that in mind, I've decided to pull a spontaneous Dan Mish move and attempt to raise a little money for my favorite charity..."Christian Horizons Inc. (CHI)". A camp for adults with Developmental Disabilities.
[...] The only difference, between Dan's plan and mine, is I am not going totally bald (unless I raise some huge amount of money like $1000) and I am going to do it TODAY." - Rob Steele 3 August.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Rob, he is a co-worker who has been my sole challenge to the title of male with longest hair. For one year he has held the title. The King is dead! Long live the King! (For one more week...)
As you can see, Rob managed to raise $1,053 in pledges in one day (including a challenge pledge from your's truly)! Great job! (He didn't shave down to the skin though! 8^))

And, as a consequence, I was able to piggyback on his address list and send this blog address to more people. In that one day, I received more pledges than I had in two months. From experience, I know that most pledges come in close to the deadline. Right now I am less than halfway to my goal. Time to get your pledges in!

I would like to call for a challenge to anyone who pledged to Rob to match their pledge (it was my idea... ;)) or visit the MS Society website and learn more about MS. Also visit Christian Horizons Inc. to find out more about the great organization that Rob contributed to.

Check out this exclusive shot of Rob during the shave:

No comments: