Monday, August 04, 2008

Just a few short weeks...

Yes, my hair is sufficiently long (and goofy looking) enough to start another Shave this Head campaign for the MS Society. Many things have moved the date to this late August.

Since Steve wraps up his campaign for the MS ride in August, we need to wrap up soon. So, here is the deal: all pledges and submissions must be in by 18 August 2008. My goal this year is $1,000. No more free shaves this year, so get your pledges in early!

I know that I have yet to make $1,000 in pledges and money is tight with the price of gas and corn so high. The difference is that I am working with a great new team of people. It is much larger than the team I used to work with, and I fully expect to play both teams off each other to increase donations. 8^)

Please make your donations payable to the MS Society. Since checks take a long time to process, I recommend using Steve's secure donation site. Just let me know that you made a donation, so I can count it toward my goal. I will be happy to split donations with Steve, since it all ends up at the MS Society.

Feel free to leave a comment here if you made a donation and do not have my email or snail mail address.


Frankie is also taking donations...

for Gilda's Club Grand Rapids' Cody and Friends Dog Walk and Wash. Cody is a great kid that started this event and now it is a big fund raiser for Gilda's Club. Gilda's Club was a God-send for our family after Kelaine's diagnosis. Sign up at my desk or, better yet, donate online at Gilda's Club Website before 9 August 2008. Just choose Cody and Friends Dog Walk and Wash in the selector on the right hand side and leave a note saying it is for Kelaine and Frankie. Bring your dog for the walk and get them washed and pampered too!

Thanks!

No comments: